Thank you for hiring a carrier from the Sheffield Sling Surgery! I hope you and your child will enjoy using it. This hire pack is designed to help you get the most out of it.
- A Loan Form must be completed for each carrier you borrow with your full name, address and contact details, loan charges, return method and due date. Your personal details will be kept in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and will only be used to contact you in relation to your loan.
Loan Cost And Duration
- All carriers are lent subject to availability, condition and suitability. Subject to availability up to 2 carriers may be borrowed at one time. The standard loan period is one week. Each carrier loan costs £5 per carrier per week, £2.50 for each subsequent week.
- Loan fees are non-refundable.
- Payment is to be made on collection of the carrier, cash or *gifted* paypal You are welcome to exchange your hired carrier for an alternative (if it is available) within your original hire duration for no extra charge. Please contact me to arrange this.
- If you wish to hire a different type of sling at the end of your agreed loan period, the usual hire charges apply.
- Postal loans will only be sent on receipt of the deposit (deposits are not required for local users collecting in person) as well as hire fee and postage costs.
Extending Loans/Returning Carriers
- If you wish to extend your loan of the same carrier beyond the original agreement, the fee is £2.50 for each extra week, payable by cash or *gifted* paypal.
- Please return your carrier on the agreed date,with all accessories (lost accessories will need to be replaced by the borrower). If this isn’t possible, please get in touch to discuss alternative return dates.
- If I am out, carriers can be left inside a plastic bag and well tucked into the boot rack in the porch. My address is 26 Westwood Road, S11 7EY.
- Late return of slings may be liable for late fees (50p per day)
Care and Cleaning
- Please look after your carrier carefully.
- Your buckle carrier may come with suck pads to prevent damage from teething children chewing on the straps. Please do not lose these.
- Please avoid using the carrier in smoky environments
- Please keep any pets away from it, as the next family to hire may have a significant allergy.
- If the carrier has a chest strap, please be aware that these can detach. Check when removing the carrier that the strap is still attached.
- If you need to clean your carrier, please contact me first. Many slings have particular advice to ensure they do not lose their shape and structure.
- Spot cleaning is the safest if you have any accidents. The suck pads can be washed.
- If you DO clean your carrier (after taking advice or referring to the instructions if you have them), please:
- Use non-biological liquid (such as Ecover, to avoid exacerbating allergies in the next user),
- NO optical brighteners (they can damage fabric)
- NO fabric conditioner (they make the fabric fibres and buckles slippy).
- Many manufacturers recommend closing all buckles and washing carriers inside old pillowcases.
- Should your carrier get wet line drying is the safest option. Tumble-drying carriers can shorten their lives.
Lost Or Damaged Carriers
- All slings are loaned out undamaged.
- If anything happens to the carrier whilst it is in your possession, please contact me and do not use the sling any further, for your own safety.
- The full replacement of any lost or damaged carriers, accessories or instructions will be borne in full by the borrower, to replace the item like for like. In case of postal hire, the deposit paid will not be refunded.
- The value of your sling will have been on your hire form – please contact me to discuss further.
- Customers who do not return their hired carrier despite several reminders (we will always do our best to contact you) will be referred to the small claims court to recoup the full costs of the carrier (replacement in the library).